The Season Two Update For Call of Duty: Vanguard is downloadable now ahead of its release on Monday, February 14.
Sledgehammer Games also revealed the patch notes for the update, featuring a slew of bug fixes and new content for the WWII first-person shooter. The download comes in at around 13GB on PS5.
Sledgehammer says the update “made some improvements to network connection stability and fixed several crash points that should lead to better overall connectivity,” while simultaneously removing “a number of bugs that affected modes, bundles, weapons, perks, and progress tracking.”
Season two was originally supposed to release on February 2, but it was delayed almost two weeks to allow work on the update to continue. New seasonal content will arrive war zonealso, in the next few days.
Once the update is downloaded, some of the new content can be accessed inside private matches, such as two new weapons and two new maps. There’s also a new killstreak and two new perks. Everything will be fully playable on February 14 once the season is live.
The full list of patch notes can be found below.
- Ranked game beta.
- Arms Race (more to come later in the season!)
- Ball Turret Gunner for a 12 kill streak
New deadly gear
- Sticky Bomb: A grenade that sticks to surfaces before exploding.
- Armory – Advantage 1: A direct counter advantage to the Engineer, the Armory is ideal for Operators who use more than just their weapons in combat, namely placeable demolition charges, concussion mines, and armor pieces. placeable field equipment.
- Mechanic – Perk 3: Mechanic provides a reasonable buff to field upgrade charge time, making them a go-to for completing challenges related to them or for Operators who enjoy using them.
Upcoming seasonal event
- Valentine’s Day Event: February 11-17
- Made several improvements to player textures and animations, which resulted in Packet Burst spikes.
- The stability improvements should result in better connectivity and lower crash rates. Connection time to Online Services should also be reduced.
- Fixed a bug that caused a disconnect during MVP highlight animations.
- A deep pass on map environments has been done to fix objects with unintended collision, portal issues through the ground, and to remove off-map exploits.
- hill of champions
- There will no longer be two consecutive buy rounds at the start of each Champion Hill Duos private two-on-two match.
- Fixed a bug that caused Perk and Field Upgrade functionality to be lost in Private Matches if they previously played a match at Champion Hill.
- Spawn improvements have been made for teams of three.
- Fixed a bug that caused matches to end prematurely after a spectator disconnected.
- Late players can now spawn when lives are available.
- Switching to spectator/different teams now consistently updates remaining lives.
- The last player alive warning now always appears.
- Private matches
- Silent Plant option now works in Search and Destroy Private matches (Fixed Feb 3).
- Seasonal Challenges
- All players can now unlock Season 1 Mastery Cards after completing all challenges.
- The Field Specialist challenge is now tracked for all players.
- Countermeasure challenges are now tracked consistently for all players.
- Operator Challenges
- Diamond Operator Skins will now unlock for Barbarian and Shadow Operators.
- Gold and Diamond camouflages are now unlockable after completing all weapon challenges.
- Ground-based Killlstreaks now count towards the “Deadeye” camouflage.
- Throwing knife
- Distortion visual effects have been removed.
- Incendiary Grenade
- Fixed a bug that caused additional visuals to appear when incendiary grenades were used.
- The number of incendiary grenade uses is now recorded in your combat history.
- The suppression no longer applies to players with the Dauntless perk when the player is hit by shots.
- hover bomb
- Fixed a bug that caused graphical corruption when attack dogs were killed by a hover bomb.
- mortar barrage
- Fixed a bug that caused the flare and smoke visual effects of previously called Mortar Barrages to temporarily reappear.
- Deploying Mortar Barrage will no longer force the player to switch weapons.
- Activating the killstreak and getting killed at the same time will now grant you the killstreak.
- Fixed a bug with Deployable Cover that caused constant screen shaking.
Bundles and MTXs
- Year of the Tiger
- Players who purchased this bundle but did not receive the Tiger Blueprint should now have the item.
- Red Reactor Mastercraft
- Tracers are now displayed on weapons as intended.
- Graveyard Quarter Mastercraft
- “Ashed” tracers will now display correctly when applied to the Ore Sniper Rifle.
- Fixed a lighting bug with the Aquatint SMG that caused an unintended lighting effect.
- Santa Claus killed
- The Lucas Operator outfit, “Yarn Burner”, is no longer invisible to some players.
User Interface/User Experience
- A bug has been fixed that prevented players from selecting a weapon when changing Prestige weapon classes.
- Prestige player progress is now visible and tracked correctly.
- Watch preview is no longer missing from the Battle Pass menu.
- A bug that caused the game to stop playing or end early has been fixed.
- Jokes no longer play after an operator dies.
- Free Trial players should no longer encounter the error “This content is only available in the full game.
- “Terra Maledicta”
- New Zombies experience set in Egypt available February 14.
- Three new arenas available in “Terra Maledicta”: Eastern Desert, Corrupted Lands and Hall of Truth.
- New story quest available in “Terra Maledicta” starting at 11am CT on February 14.
- New narrative information available in “Terra Maledicta” to advance the Dark Aether story.
- Ray gun
- Ray Gun Wonder Weapon available through Mystery Box and loot on February 10.
- Decimator Shield
- Available through the story quest in “Terra Maledicta”.
- Added to the Mystery Box once obtained from the story quest.
- Provides players with superior protection and the unique Decimation Blast ability.
- Vercanne the Last
- New Dark Aether entity available, with Healing Aura ability through its Artifact, Wand of the Savage Lands.
- Zaballa the Deceiver
- New enemy type added to “Terra Maledicta” and “Der Anfang”.
- New objective type available in “Terra Maledicta” and added to “Der Anfang” at a later date.
- Prevent the Syphoncores from feeding on undead essence to stop the hordes from rampaging. Prevent the zombies from filling all three Siphoncores to stop the dark ceremony and complete the objective.
- to cancel
- Changed how the full objective XP bonus is awarded when returning to Stalingrad after an empty objective in “Der Anfang”.
- To harvest
- Closed exploits related to the Sin Eater in “Der Anfang”.
- healing aura
- New upgradable ability available through the Artifact of Vercanna the Last.
- Tier I – The magic wand summons the life energy of Vercanna to instantly heal you and your allies to full health.
- Tier II – Shoot down normal enemies and stun Sturmkriegers near each player.
- Level III – Revive all downed allies.
- Tier IV – Resurrected allies regain their lost boons.
- Tier V – Life Energy lingers at each location for 10 seconds and continues to heal and revive players.
- energy mine
- Energy mine now triggers alliance Splatterfest.
- Frost Blast
- Frost Blast Tier I now freezes Sturmkriegers.
- Aether Veil
- Fixed an issue where players were not ignored by zombies after activating Aether Shroud immediately after self-reviving.
- Artifacts Service
- New ability with three rarities added to the Altar of Covenants on February 10.
- Equip for a chance to proc your Artifact for free when hit by a melee attack from behind.
- Rare: Being hit by a melee attack from behind has a chance to trigger your artifact
- Epic: Being hit by a melee attack from behind has a higher chance of triggering your artifact.
- Legendary: Being hit by a melee attack anywhere has a higher chance of triggering your artifact.
- Season 2
- KG M40 and Whitley available in Zombies loadouts when unlocked through the Season 2 Battle Pass.
- Unlock Challenges
- New weapon unlock challenges added to zombies for the Cooper Carbine and Gorenko Anti-Tank Rifle.
- The Warmachine and Deathmachine can now be obtained from the Mystery Box, chests, and as loot from enemies.
- Fixed an issue where Critical Damage was not displayed correctly for the Warmachine.
- Addressed various issues with attempting to swap a melee weapon for a ground weapon.
- New camos
- Three new camouflages available at the Pack-a-Punch machine in “Terra Maledicta”.
- Pack-a-Punch camouflages in “Der Anfang” are now animated.
- Pack-a-Punch camouflages now correctly apply to weapon blueprints, weapons found in the Mystery Box, and weapons dropped by enemies.
- Season Challenges
- New Season Challenges available at the start of Season Two.
- Fixed an issue where the Season 1 Mastery Calling Card was not displaying correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Launchers and Battle Shield were not contributing correctly to certain Challenges.
- Addressed various UI issues related to Challenges.
- Fixed various stability issues with covenants, objectives, perks, bonuses, and gear