- If the mouse driver is missing or outdated, you will have difficulty controlling the Windows 11 interface.
- To avoid any incompatibility problem, updating a driver is essential.
- Even though you can get the mouse driver from the manufacturer’s website, there are other amazing ways to update it which are introduced in this article.
XINSTALL BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE
You will need to update the mouse driver in Windows 11 if the mouse does not work properly on this operating system. This post will tell you how.
In general, Windows should automatically recognize most mouse devices and support them immediately. But, for some specific devices, you may find this problematic, and even you may notice the mouse not working at all sometimes.
Some models may work with basic functionality, but you may not get the full potential due to incompatibilities or missing updates. In some cases, you may encounter issues such as mouse cursor lag issues.
In such cases, you will need to install the appropriate mouse driver and any relevant software.
If you don’t know how, this article will help you download and install all mouse drivers on Windows 11.
How do I find my mouse driver in Windows 11?
To find a mouse driver on Windows 11, you need to visit the mouse manufacturer’s website and search for compatible drivers.
Alternatively, from Windows Device Manager it is also possible to search for such drivers. However, it can fail in many cases.
Overall, the best option is to rely on any decent third-party tool that can find all drivers automatically without any hassle.
How to download and install mouse drivers in Windows 11?
1. From the manufacturer’s website
- Visit your mouse manufacturer’s driver download page.
- choose your Mouse model.
- Select Windows 11 from Operating system listing.
- Now download the mouse driver.
- Open the installer file and install it on your computer.
- Restart your PC.
Here we have shown the steps for Razer mice. However, these steps are similar for all other brands. If you want to install Microsoft mouse and keyboard drivers, you can visit this official driver download center.
2. Using Device Manager
- Open the The start menutype Manage devicer, and press Walk in.
- Now find the mouse with a yellow exclamation mark.
- Right click on it and choose Update driver.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
3. Use a driver updater
If you want to get your mouse driver on Windows 11 fast, there is no better alternative than using third-party driver update tools. These tools can automatically check for missing or outdated drivers and install the latest compatible version with one click or automatically.
In this case, we suggest you to use reliable and trustworthy software like DriverFix. This tool has a very good reputation among users.
By using this small driver updater, you won’t have to worry about finding missing drivers for Windows 11. It will save your time and give you the convenience of having a smooth Windows experience.
DriverFix is a great tool that can automatically install and update all missing, incompatible, or outdated drivers on Windows 11.
4. Windows Update
- Hurry To win + I open Settings.
- Go to Windows Update and click on Check for update.
- Click on Download/Install if updates are available.
Some drivers may initially be missing after installing Windows 11. But, with Windows update, Microsoft will install all missing mouse drivers except unsupported ones.
How can I update my mouse driver?
1. Use Device Manager
- Open Device Manager like before.
- Find the mouse you want to update.
- Right-click on the device and choose Update driver.
- Click on Automatically search for drivers.
- Go ahead and complete the update process.
2. Use a tool like DriverFix
- Open the driver updater like DriverFix.
- Click on To analyse.
- Then click on Update Drivers.
- Restart your computer if necessary to complete the process.
To update mouse driver in Windows 11 and 10, you can try both methods. But, the second is more practical.
You should always keep your drivers up to date. This is because outdated drivers can cause many problems in Windows including blue screen of death.
How do I reinstall my mouse driver in Windows 11?
1. Uninstall the driver
- Open the Device Manager like before.
- Find the mouse, right click on it and choose Uninstall device.
- Check Attempt to remove the driver for this device and click on Uninstall.
Make sure you have a trackpad or other supported mouse device. This is because if the mouse driver you uninstalled is the only mouse you have and you don’t have another alternate input device, that will be a problem.
You may not be able to control your operating system easily with a keyboard only. Windows 11 has built-in mouse drivers. If it works for your device, there will be no problem.
2. Uninstall any mouse software
- Hurry To win + I open Windows 11 Settings.
- Go to apps and click on Apps and features.
- Find the mouse software.
- Click on three vertical dots next to it and choose Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen steps to complete the process.
- Please do this for any other mouse-related software or drivers.
Alternatively, you can use CCleaner to completely uninstall any type of software. In general, Windows built-in uninstaller always leaves leftovers on storage as well as registry keys that you may need to delete manually.
However, the CCleaner uninstaller can automatically remove all temporary data and registry entries related to the uninstalled software.
3. Reinstall the driver
After completely uninstalling the mouse driver, you can easily reinstall it by following the steps in this article earlier. We suggest using a driver updater for a better experience. It can find you the best mouse driver for Windows 10/11.
If you prefer to install using Device Manager but you don’t see the mouse here, be sure to follow these steps:
- Open the Device Manager like before.
- Click on the Check for hardware changes button as shown in the screenshot.
Now you should be able to find the missing device and install it.
This article has explained the ways to update Windows 11 mouse driver. If you have any opinions or concerns, feel free to write them in the comment box.
Start a conversation