— the free daily online word game — has exploded in popularity and conquered the entire universe.
The word wasin January and has since . It’s still free . After the sale, some feared that Wordle would be by the subscription news agency.
If you’re nervous about losing Wordle, don’t panic. You can download the game now to keep playing it for free on your computer, phone or tablet forever – or more precisely until the list of 2,315 Wordle Answers runs out in October 2027.
twitter user Aaron Rieke posted a thread explaining how Wordle works entirely in your web browser. Technically, you don’t need the internet to play Wordle, as all of the game’s future daily words are included right in the webpage (even on the NYT). If you download a Wordle web archive, the game only needs your device’s current date to deliver a new word puzzle every day.
If you want to continue playing Wordle for free, read on to learn how to download Wordle to your computer or smartphone.
Also, if one puzzle a day isn’t enough, try a fewor consult .
How to download Wordle to your computer
Whether you use Mac or Windows, or whatever web browser you use (Chrome or Safari, for example), you can easily download Wordle to your computer.
1. First, go to the wordle official website in the web browser of your choice.
2. Next, right click anywhere on the web page.
3. Finally, save the page to your computer using one of the menu options that appears.
Depending on the web browser you are using, it may display Save as (Chrome) or save page as (Safari). Either way, the Wordle web page should be downloaded as an HTML file.
Now all you have to do is click on the downloaded HTML file to open the saved Wordle web page. You can now access it when you are offline. However, it won’t import your previous series, so it’s like you’re playing it for the first time.
How to Download Wordle on Android
On an Android smartphone or tablet, you can also download a web page to your device, just like on a desktop computer. The download process may vary between web browsers, but we’ll be using Chrome for this example because it’s downloaded on most Android devices. To download Wordle on Android:
1. First, go to the wordle official website in the Chrome app.
2. New, press the three dot menu in the upper right corner.
3. Finally, press the download icon (arrow pointing down on a line) to download the Wordle webpage.
At the bottom of Chrome, you will see a notification that the Wordle webpage has been downloaded to your Android. To play Wordle offline, press the three dot menu in Chrome and go to Downloads. There, you should see the Wordle webpage, which you can then access, even if Wordle is paid for or shut down in the future.
How to Download Wordle on iOS
Finally, you can download Wordle offline on your iPhone or iPad, but this option requires you to use the free Microsoft Edge web browser, which you can download from app store. After downloading Microsoft Edge, follow these steps:
1. Open the wordle official website in Safari.
2. Press the Share button.
3. Strike Choice next to the web page URL.
4. Select the Web Archive and press Ended.
5. Press Save to files in the share sheet.
6. Choose a folder and press to safeguard.
This will save the Wordle webpage to your Files app, but now you need to find the file itself and open it in Microsoft Edge (this doesn’t work in Safari or Chrome).
To do this:
1. Press and hold on the Wordle webpage in Files to display the quick actions menu.
2. Select To share from the options that appear.
3. Choose Edge.
4. Press Open in Microsoft Edge.
Wordle will open as an offline webpage in Microsoft Edge, which you can play without being connected to the internet, although it will not transfer your wins or streaks.