The final versions of macOS 12.3 Monterey, watchOS 8.5 and tvOS 15.4 are now available for download for anyone with a compatible device.
macOS 12.3 Monterey arrives with Universal Control and more, watchOS 8.5 and tvOS 15.4 polish things up with bug fixes
Along with iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4, Apple has also released macOS 12.3 Monterey for Mac, watchOS 8.5 for Apple Watch, and tvOS 15.4 for Apple TV. All of these updates are immediately available for download for those with a compatible device.
Download macOS Monterey 12.3
The key feature of the latest version of macOS Monterey is very obvious – Universal Control. Once activated and in use, you can simply use your Mac’s keyboard and mouse to control your iPad as well. You can even copy and paste files between devices which is just fantastic.
Here is the full set of changes you can expect from this update:
macOS Monterey 12.3 – Restart required
macOS 12.3 adds Universal Control so you can use one mouse and one keyboard on your Mac and iPad. This release also includes new emoji, dynamic head tracking for music, and other features and bug fixes for your Mac.
Universal Control (Beta)
- Universal Control lets you use one mouse and one keyboard on iPad and Mac
- Text can be typed on Mac or iPad and you can drag and drop files between them
- Dynamic head tracking is available in Music with AirPods supported on Mac computers with the M1 chip
- Customizable spatial audio settings for Off, Fixed, and Head Tracked are now in Control Center with AirPods supported on Mac computers with the M1 chip
- New emoji including faces, hand gestures and household items are available in emoji keyboard
- Handshake emoji lets you choose separate skin tones for each hand
This release also includes the following enhancements for your Mac:
- Siri now includes an additional voice, expanding the variety of options
- Podcasts app adds episode filter for seasons, played, unplayed, saved or downloaded episodes
- Safari web page translation adds support for Italian and Chinese (Traditional)
- Shortcuts now support adding, deleting, or querying tags with callbacks
- Saved passwords can now include your own notes
- Battery capacity readings have improved accuracy
This release also includes bug fixes for your Mac:
- Today View news widgets may not open articles when clicked
- Sound may sound distorted when watching a video in the Apple TV app
- Some photos and videos may be unintentionally moved around when organizing albums in Photos
Some features may not be available in all regions or on all Apple devices. For more information on Apple Software Update Security content, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
To download the update immediately, simply launch System Preferences, then go to Software Update. Wait for the app to refresh and the final macOS 12.3 update will appear in a few seconds.
Download watchOS 8.5
While Apple Watch updates aren’t exactly exciting, they do come on a regular basis so everything runs smoothly and smoothly. watchOS 8.5 arrives today and brings a handful of bug fixes to the table along with some minor tweaks.
Here’s everything new with this update:
watchOS 8.5 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:
* Ability to allow Apple TV purchases and subscriptions
* COVID-19 vaccination cards in Apple Wallet now support EU COVID digital certificate format
* Updates to irregular rhythm notifications designed to improve identification of atrial fibrillation. Available in the United States, Chile, Hong Kong, South Africa, and many regions where the feature is available. To determine your version, visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT213082
* Audio guidance in Fitness+ provides you with audio commentary of movements visually demonstrated during workouts
To download the update now, place the Apple Watch on its magnetic charger, then make sure you have 50% or more battery life left. Now run the look app on your iPhone, go to General > Software Update. Press on Download and install and wait for the installation to complete.
Download tvOS 15.4
Finally, tvOS 15.4 is also available for Apple TV 4K (both models) and Apple TV HD. It contains bug fixes and other improvements to make everything as smooth as possible. If you’ve been waiting for a new feature, there’s one and only one – Tethered Wi-Fi, allowing you to use your iPhone and iPad on a Wi-Fi network that requires extra steps to connect – for example, Wi-Fi. -Fi from the hotel.
You can download tvOS 15.4 by simply going to Settings > System > Software Update on your Apple TV and download the update from there.
We strongly recommend that you download all such updates immediately as they also contain security fixes. It’s always a good idea to download the latest updates as soon as they arrive, as they ensure that your devices run smoothly.
Mac users now have a reason to celebrate a new software release, thanks to Universal Control. This feature was announced last year and was retired by Apple during beta stages. Then it reappeared with the recent betas and it’s finally available for everyone to try.